The Preschool Centre’s early learning programs focus on play based learning through experience. A great deal of learning is taking place while children play. A variety of activity centers will be available for children to use. Children will initiate the activities in which they wish to participate. Small and large group play, child led and educator initiated activities, and circle times will also be utilized. To support this philosophy, our programs will:
- Support the developmental needs of each child.
- Provide opportunities for children to learn through play and to explore in a positive and nurturing environment.
- Support children in making choices for themselves; consequently, foster self-esteem and independence.
- Provide a quality program that respects and celebrates cultural and ethnic diversities.
- Provide opportunities for children to learn through play by having many age appropriate toys and activity centers available for them to explore and create.
- Provide opportunities for solitary and group activities for children to learn a great variety of social strategies from both peers and staff.
- Give children opportunities to engage in art, music, dance, drama, sand, water play, sports and games that develop gross and fine motor skills.
- Promote an inclusive environment for all children to work at their own pace.
Our qualified staff are trained in the New Brunswick Emergent Curriculum which encourages child-led, age appropriate activities, creative, open ended art, language development, and socialization. Our staff guide children to develop a love of learning through experience, curiosity and their individual strengths. They inspire independence and individuality, spark curiosity and enable them to achieve developmental milestones. We believe that high quality helps children development a lifelong quest to learn and is the educational foundation of their lives.